Thursday 12 July 2012

Friends for a feast

My poor husband is having to contend with the mess that I keep creating in the kitchen. He sees my mission to use every pan and bowl that we have as my mission in life. The bonus is he gets to eat some great food along the way. 


Sweet Potato and arancini
A couple of nights ago we had a great friend of ours come to supper, my mission to create a meal that he didn't realise was vegan. So on the menu was arancini ( left over risotto rolled in breadcrumbs and shallow fried) my new favorite thing, sweet potato fritters, lentils al la  Ottolengi ( one of my favourite cook books is Ottolengis Plenty) A pesto made out of coriander, watercress, olive oil and pine nuts, all whizzed together. Then vegan strawberry tarts. Which were a bit of a hit, probably should have got them out of the oven about 3 mins earlier so the the pastry was less dry. Filled them with roasted balsamic strawberry's, spoonful of soya yogurt and topped with fresh strawberries and a plain chocolate button.


strawberry tarts



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that dinner looks amazing! If you ask me your husband is one lucky man. :)

    ReplyDelete